Changing The World Starts With One Person…
This morning was especially chaotic, but I still made it a priority to make my bed.
The action prompted a conversation with Brian about Admiral William H. McRaven, and his commencement address…Take a listen and if you are squeezed on time below is the crux of the message:
Admiral William H. McRaven reveals in his commencement to University of Texas at Austin 2014 Commencement Address that the man in the mirror is the one who can change the world.
Things to Consider:
- Make your bed every morning, it’s the little things that matter. START EACH DAY WITH A TASK COMPLETED.
- Find someone to help you paddle. FIND SOMEONE TO HELP YOU THROUGH LIFE
- Nothing matters but your will to succeed, measure the man by the size of his heart. RESPECT EVERYONE
- Keep moving forward. KNOW THAT LIFE IS NOT FAIR
- Don’t be afraid of the circus. YOU’LL FAIL OFTEN, STEP UP WHEN THE TIMES ARE TOUGHEST
- Sometimes you have to slide down the obstacle course head first. TAKE SOME RISKS
- There are sharks in the world-deal with them, don’t back down. FACE DOWN THE BULLIES-LIFT THE DOWNTRODDEN
- Be your very best in your darkest hour. KEEP YOUR COMPOSURE
- Start singing when you are up to your neck in mud. INSTILL THE POWER OF HOPE TO EVEN JUST ONE PERSON
- Don’t ever ring the bell. NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP
The power of one person doing these things will change the world.