Monday Mindset- A Buddy System!
What exactly should our mindset be on this the first day of the week?
If we consider the time of year, it would be wise to have a healthy and mindful mindset. With Thanksgiving behind us, and Christmas and other holidays upon us mixing in a slew of parties, socials, galas, work gatherings, fundraisers, birthdays, (mine is Dec 8!) and family time in front of the fireplace, it’s an excellent time to grab a buddy and keep each other accountable for the holiday food/drink overload! You in? Great, here it is…
21 DAY BEST HEALTH OF MY LIFE CHALLENGE WITH A BUDDY!
My daughter Sophia is on a mission to lose a few more pounds during the month of December. She has been laser-focused in the past four months and dropped quite a bit of weight eating clean, drinking lots of water, swimming and staying on the program through every occasion and outing. Her exception was Thanksgiving week when she made decided upon allowances and followed them pretty closely. Now, with another major holiday upon, us which includes situations taking us out of routine and mindful consumption, Sophia has made the choice to participate in a healthy challenge and she asked me to join in. YES!!!!! I want to participate in the challenge and be accountable, stay honest with myself and have a buddy to do it all with. I ACCEPT!
HERE IT IS…
- Plan, prepare and eat the healthy meals of a lifetime every day for 21 days.
- Workout 4 times a week
- 2 workouts will be in the morning at 6am before leaving for school
- Check in with mom and coordinate meals and exchange motivational quotes and sayings
- Weigh daily
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
- Lose weight before Christmas
- Have some treats and slightly break the plan during Christmas day and Christmas vacation (to be decided)
- Plan, prepare and eat the healthy meals of a lifetime every day for 21 days. My exception will be on Dec 2 (gala) and Dec 8 (my birthday)
- Lose 2 pounds and then maintain all month (Jan 10, 2018, I will begin the last leg of my personal weight loss, which is to bust my last 7 pounds OFF!)
- Workout 4 times, two of those workouts in the morning with Sophia
- Walk Athena every morning minimum 30 minutes
- Weigh daily
- Plan & eat healthy snacks, but nibbling off of other’s plates, which include leftovers (even if healthy) not allowed!
- Thrive off of Sophia’s laser focus and “JUST DO IT” attitude
- Head into the new year the same weight, not a heavier weight
SAMPLE DAY OF HEALTHY EATING:
Breakfast: Lemon water followed by Cafe Latte shakeology, almond milk, peanut butter, ice. A cup of coffee with a touch of half n half for prayer time.
Snack: gorgeous, fresh and delicious Angel Sweet tomatoes, English cucumbers, green pepper, green onion and extra virgin olive oil with one hard boiled egg (picture, not a reenactment, my actual Day one snack)
Lunch: Sliced turkey, 1/4 avocado, one piece Ezekial bread, sauteed spinach
Dinner: Chicken salad and steamed broccoli and olive oil/lemon/s&P
This chicken salad recipe is so delicious and fresh, it comes from an excellent cookbook my trainer Jill Albright gifted me a couple years ago when I began my weight loss journey.
Snack: Mixed berry bowl including my favorite pomegranate seeds, fresh raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
Sophia is doing lots of treadmill and some Sean T
Kiki is doing treadmill, cycling and Sean T, and would love to throw in some yoga if time
We both love Essentia water with fresh lemon, and kiki likes to add Apple Cider Vinegar to her mix
Day 1 Motivation:
“If you focus on results, you will never change, if you focus on change, you will get results!”
“Once you control your mind you can conquer your body!”
“I want to see what happens if I don’t give up!”
Finally, Kiki adheres to several doTerra essential oil practices to support any healthy mission she is on.
Ask me how to get wholesale prices…[email protected]